Monday, October 3, 2022

October 1 with Kaity

Saturday afternoon/evening:  Kaity was "up" for an exploration walk when I picked her up from Jesse at 3:30. Yes! We stopped at Grand Rogue Park, which is only five minutes from where I live. Kaity hasn't been here before, so it's always fun to take her to a new "woodsy" place. She enjoyed herself hugely, and so did I--although I had a difficult time keeping up with her! She runs SO fast!


It was one of those super perfect days to be outside--oh, for six months of this! I'll take whatever amount God gives us, though--and in Michigan, there are not that many 70 degree days that are totally sunny and just-so-softly breezy as this one ...
There are a number of ponds back here that are very swampy ...
This is about as far ahead of me as Kaity was during our entire hour here!
Now and then she would slow down enough for me to snap a picture ... she cracks me up.

So peaceful ...
SO GREEN still ... although a hint of color is starting to show ... it's going to get truly amazing in the next few weeks--so thankful for Octobers!
I checked the mileage on my phone, and we managed to walk one mile! That was plenty for Kaity and she suggested we leave the park and head for my house, which we did.

Our little Belle was waiting for some snuggles and cuddles, which Kaity supplied in abundance.


At one point, Kaity looked up from the game she was playing on her phone and asked: "What shall we do, grandma?" So I went through my usual list of games and indoor activities available to us here at the Beach House ... and then I just threw out the idea that we could "build with the train tracks!" never thinking she would actually take me up on it ... but she did! Kaity wanted to see if we had enough track to actually encircle my rooms ...
We had so much fun building it--we DID have enough track--and we tested "Big RED" to see if she could go up and down all of our hills and bridges--she struggled over some of them, but we helped her along. Overall, this was a really good activity for us to do. It got Kaity engaged and she "filmed" Big Red going around our track so that she could show her friend, Caden, in Canada.
I also made us a batch of French Toast for our dinner. NOTE TO SELF: Do NOT add so much sugar next time! It was overwhelming, and even Kaity didn't eat very much of it. 
I enjoyed being with you today, Kaity, very much!
 

No comments: