Sunday, October 30, 2022

October 29 Pumpkin carving

Saturday:  It was Emma's idea to carve pumpkins this afternoon--and I am SO glad she put this forward. After all, this is the last Saturday before Halloween. We simply walked "next door" to the little greenhouse over on Cannonsburg and the girls picked our some really BIG pumpkins (funded by Emma).

This greenhouse is usually crammed with beautiful flower arrangements--baskets everywhere--but at the end of October--there really were not many flowers inside here. But LOOK! I have never seen this type of blossom before. The lady at the greenhouse told me it is a BOUGAINVILLEA. It is gorgeous!

I took many pictures of the girls and their pumpkins--I love this one of Kaity!
Emma put Belle in her cat-pack for the walk, so she got to enjoy our time too.
Here they are walking along Cannonsburg ... these are BIG pumpkins!




Thankfully, we saved our pumpkin carving equipment from last year--so they were all set to go!
First, they had to GUT their pumpkins. Kaity found it pretty slimy.
Emma carved "Oogie-Boogie" and Kaity carved "Zero", both from "The Nightmare Before Christmas."
We found pictures on-line and then I was able to print the pictures off so that they could tape them to their pumpkins and then do the carvings.

I basically just stayed out of their way. I did heat up some "frozen" spaghetti for them to eat when they took a much-needed break from their carving.




Look how COOL their pumpkins turned out!



I was just happy to be here to watch the process. I love these two granddaughters so much. Thank you for them, Lord.
 

No comments: