Monday, October 31, 2022

October 31 Kaity's Halloween Parade

Monday:  Kaity invited me to come to her school Halloween costume parade at 2pm today--she asked me on Saturday and I told her I would come! I wish I could have been TWO places at one time, though, because Kelly asked if I could come to Aidan's costume parade at his school today at 2pm as well. However, Aidan's school is on the opposite side of the city and there was no way I could be in two places at one time and I had already promised Kaity.

Kaity's parade took place outside on a walkway that circled the playground. I climbed a rather awkward playground apparatus to get a better angle ... but it was uncomfortable up there--I wanted to swing my legs over so that I could actually sit on the top but the possibility of mishap (i.e. me falling) was at a rather high percentage; so I decided to just stay standing precariously at the top. This "old guy" (ha! he is probably younger than I am!) dressed up like MARIO cracked me up. He fit the suit so perfectly.

Here are some of the people standing around the sidewalk area waiting to see their kiddo ...
Here is Kenzie (Kaity's best friend) ... she looked at me and mouthed: "How did you get up there?!?" and I just laughed and kept shooting pictures.
Another good shot of MARIO ... and Kenzie!

I thought the kid in the green monster costume was the best ...
Here's MARIO looking like he would like to eat a BIG MAC! 
AND ... here comes KAITY!
I totally forget what character she is dressed up to be--I'll have to ask her again. I asked her last week and when she told me, I had no clue WHO that character was! Kaity looked at me like I was the most clueless person she had ever met. So I hesitate to ask once more ...
On either side of Kaity are two of her classmates: Lyric (on the left) and Annaliese (on the right). The short fellow walking behind is COLE (who I hear a LOT about from Kaity).
I love you Kaity-Girl!
Here is everyone cracking up together ... I really like this picture!
More ... Cole's face!







I think Kaity will enjoy these pictures.
The parade only took about 20 minutes. I would like to have gone inside with her class, but I didn't know about this entire thing until Saturday and it turns out that adults who wanted to visit the class had to fill out special forms beforehand. Pooh.
 

No comments: