Friday, October 14, 2022

October 13 Nearly another MISadventure

Thursday morning:  I was on Google the other day looking up Crahen Valley Park and found a MAP! Interestingly, they noted a "North" entrance to the park, off from Knapp Ct. (east of the Beltline, off from Knapp). It looked simple enough to find, but yesterday when I drove around looking for the park entrance, I couldn't find it. Pooh. This morning, I tried Google again and found a better map--although I didn't take a picture of it. This picture below is of the first map I found:

It was windy, very cool, but still a tiny bit sunshiny mid-morning--so on my way (it was actually out of my way) to Meijer to do our grocery shopping, I tried to find it again and I did! Except ... there is absolutely NO signage indicating that this is the north entrance to the park; in fact, there was a big, heavy, dull orange gate blocking the two-track leading across an overgrown and muddy meadow to a very definite dirt path (very far away--but I could see it!). I parked my car to the side since there was no parking lot nearby--but at least there were also zero "No trespassing" signs or "No parking" signs. I was dressed in layers and I grabbed my rain jacket too, just in case. I thought I shoved my phone in the back pocket of my bluejeans, grabbed my camera, and then I walked AROUND the heavy gate (there is a tiny path around it!) and then I was on a rough, stony path in that wide and BIG overgrown meadow. I walked along, avoiding the mud as much as possible. Pretty soon, I was closer to the designated path!

See the path off in the distance (above)?
When I got on that path, it turned and there was more meadow to walk, and then ... forest! Yes! I much prefer a forest to a meadow ... by far! As soon as I entered the woods, I felt a deep peace, wonderful!
(Below) Looking back from where I had come ...
I am not sure we have reached our height of color yet--but I can hardly imagine it being more beautiful than it is right now. I just love it so much.



I walked and walked and walked ... there always seemed to be another "bend" in the path ... and I always want to see what is around that bend!


I thought I could hear a brook ... and that kept me walking ...




I walked much longer than I had planned ... but that always happens!

Finally! Water!



Isn't it gorgeous back here? There was not a single person back here during the 45 minutes I was walking. I saw lots of birds and squirrels though.





It was right about here that I decided to turn back and return to my car. I wondered how far I had walked and reached for my phone that I had put in my back pocket ... but it wasn't there! Ugh! Where could it be? The whole time I was walking, alone in the middle of nowhere (practically) I felt "safe" because I had my phone with me and could use it in an emergency ... but my phone was NOT with me.
I walked slowly back the way I had come, feeling rather miserable ... dreading the rig-a-ma-roll I would have to go through to replace my phone (and the cost). I asked the Lord to help me find it. Could I have left it in my car? I thought and thought! I remembered having it when I got OUT of my car. Then I grabbed my rain jacket ... ah! ... I remembered putting my phone on the roof of my car while I was zipping my jacket. HOW MANY TIMES have I told myself NEVER EVER EVER to put anything (much less my phone) on the roof of my car?!?!? 
I walked a little faster now because I had a tiny bit of hope that that was where my phone was ... it started sprinkling, just lightly, but that made me walk even faster--I didn't want my phone to get ruined by the water.

Thankfully, when I got to my car my phone was indeed on the roof. It was raining quite hard by then and I wondered if the phone was damaged--but it wasn't at all! Thank you, Lord! One of these days, I'm not sure when, I am going to STOP doing stupid stuff.

No comments: