Sunday, October 9, 2022

October 6 KT's soccer practice

Thursday:  I learned yesterday that Kaity has started soccer practice two nights per week--one of those being THURSDAY from 6-7:30. SO ... I picked Kaity up from Jesse at 4:00 and we came over here and hung out for awhile, ate our dinner, and then bundled up to go to her outdoor practice. Well ... I should say I bundled up. Kaity had to wear shorts, special knee-high socks, crazy-looking shoes, and she was wearing a short-sleeve shirt--it was windy, 51 degrees, and sprinkling when we left my house to go to her practice.

We got to her school right on time and she ran onto the practice field. I was wearing 3 layers and a rain jacket, carrying a very large umbrella ... but it was SO cold I could barely stand it.
I listened to the coach for a little while ... he really knows soccer well as well as how to teach it and motivate students. He was so enthusiastic, challenging them to excel, yet very affirming at the same time of their efforts. 

I wimped out after 15 minutes and walked back to the car--which really did not have a good view of the field at all. I told Kaity I would be back when practice was over, and drove to get gas in my car (because I am traveling to Detroit tomorrow to see my sister). I returned and sat in my semi-warm car until practice was finished.
I asked Kaity how she liked being out in the cold and rain--other than her hands being half FROZEN, she didn't have many complaints. I was glad I had a blanket in my car that she could wrap herself in for the ride back to her mom's! 

I will miss seeing you on Saturday, Kaity! 

No comments: