Monday, October 3, 2022

October 2 Back to Grand Rogue Park

Sunday Afternoon:  My heart sings for joy as I write about this special treat delivered to me today via Emma and Belle. It's been a pretty rare occasion for Emma to have anything whatsoever to do with me  during this year she has lived with me, and I have longed for the "old times" we used to share together. Before you accuse me of NOT accepting the fact that Emma is no longer a little kid, I will tell you that I DO realize she has grown up and needs her own space and privacy. I try super hard NOT to interfere with her need for solitude ... but it doesn't stop me from wishing with all of my heart that we could turn the dial back every once and awhile and just relax and laugh together like we used to do.

But enough of that. Today, Emma invited me to go on a walk with she and Belle-Belle. Naturally, I said YES! 

You will notice the unique situation of our dear Belle in the picture above. First--this is the cat pack that Emma asked me to get for her birthday. It reminds me of a little space ship! It's absolutely perfect for Belle. Also, Emma has dressed Belle in her Halloween costume--a little difficult to see in this picture, but Belle will be a PUMPKIN this year for Halloween. It was a little bit cool outside, so Emma figured if Belle had a little warm costume on, this would help her be happier. 

Emma had suggested we go over to where the railroad tracks are behind Maranatha Bible Church--there is one of our favorite woodsy places back there. But I suggested we stay closer to home (for Belle's sake, being that she isn't crazy about riding in a car) and just go to Grand Rogue (5 minutes away) instead. So that is what we did. We took a completely different walking route than Kaity and I had walked yesterday. I like this path much better because it is next to the Rogue River and then winds around to the Grand River.

Such a beautiful place! I felt like we had gone right back to EDEN.
Isn't Belle darling in her little back pack?




We ended up walking 1.8 miles. Yes! A few times, we stopped and Emma opened up the back pack (with Belle on a leash) to see if she would actually come OUT and enjoy nature ... 
This was about as far as Belle would venture (below) ... but she seemed perfectly happy to stay near her pack and the safety inside.

I was SO happy to be outside walking with Emma--it DID seem like old times ... ah ... my heart aches for how difficult life can be and how deep the struggles are that Emma faces. Please do Your work in her, Lord, as only You can.


I love these pictures!


What a gift today was! You are AWESOME in Your faithfulness and love for us, Lord. Thank you so much.
 

No comments: