Thursday, October 20, 2022

October 17 MNBS at Beth's

Monday Night:  Twice during each semester of MNBS, we have a "social" event with our small group--we meet an hour early and share a meal together prior to the Bible study lecture. Beth, who lives a block from Frederick Meijer Gardens, invited us over for chile ... so we came! It is gorgeous where Beth lives. Just behind her house, there is a pathway that leads to this tiny lake. She told me about it as we were looking out her back doorwall. Thankfully, my camera was in my car--so I grabbed it and took a very quick 10-minute walk. Here is what I found.

This area of W. Michigan is starting to blaze with color ... we might have reached our peak--but I'm not sure, because so many of the trees have not turned one single leaf yet! I hope this beauty hangs on for weeks.


I love it here! I would walk here every single day ...



I went back to enjoy a meal with the ladies from our group. Beth's husband, Theo, joined us. He is originally from the Netherlands. He and Beth met while missionaries to Nepal ... way back when. They have such interesting stories to tell! It turns out that Theo and Helen have acquaintances in common-- Helen is from Nigeria, and as Theo was recounting one of his stories, he mentioned a place in Nigeria and pretty soon they put two and two together. Such a small world. I am thankful and really glad to be part of this small group of ladies (and occasionally their husbands).

 

No comments: