Sunday, October 30, 2022

October 30 A very late birthday present

Sunday:  Well! After working for probably 100 hours (no exaggeration), I was finally able to FINISH the photo book I've been working on for Kelly's birthday (which was TWO months ago). It was quite a project, and I loved every minute working on it.

I have thousands and thousands of pictures of Dylan, Kelly and the kiddos--how would I organize them and narrow them down to ONE book? I began working on this in early September (I was already late!) and just decided I would go back all the way to 2010 (even a few months prior to that) to when Dylan and Kelly were dating, got engaged, and got married. From there, I did Brendan's birth, baptism and just brief glimpses into his first 5 years without siblings. And then Aidan was born and in quick succession, Erin and Cal! 

So then the book became more challenging because .... I have SO MANY PICTURES! I went through a company called Snapfish and I opted to do the 8 x 11 book, hard cover with lay-flat pages, matte finish. It was more expensive, but I really like the look of the finished product. I finally got the book ordered a week ago Friday and received it in the mail yesterday! I was very pleased with the speed of process and the quality of the book. I was so excited to give it to Kelly. I couldn't wait until Tuesday (when I normally see her), so I just wrapped the book up and took it over this afternoon!

I'm just going to post a few sample pages (there are 82 pages!)

Here is the cover:








It has a very "scrapbook" look and feel to it, and I like it! When I say that I have THOUSANDS of pictures, I am telling you the truth! I tried to limit Kelly's book to MOSTLY events that happened at their house, their church, or in their presence at my house or playground, etc. I didn't totally succeed because I have so many cute pictures of the kiddos here at my house from their Tuesday visits--so I feel it turned out about 80/20, which is okay.

I love the song, "The Blessing" and pray these lyrics lots and lots for all of my family. God is good and gracious. How wonderful that He cares about our families.

No comments: