Sunday, October 16, 2022

October 15 Hiking with KT

Saturday: I talked Kaity into going on a hike this afternoon--YES! Actually, I had shown her pictures of where I had been walking last week--the picture with the "2-log bridge" over the little stream got her interested in trying to cross it. SO ... we went!

I explained to Kaity that this park is the one I had taken the side path that led to my unfortunate fall the other week--I told her we were staying on the WIDE path, which we did, all the way to bottom of the valley.
It didn't take us long to find our log bridge. Kaity was confident that she could cross it standing up--but found that her shoes had gotten somewhat muddy and slipper on our downward hike ...

... SO ... she sat down and skooched herself across the little stream to the other side, all the while holding and manipulating her phone.


I crossed over exactly as Kaity had done. No mishaps! No one got a soaker! Neither of us dropped our phones in the creek (my phone was tucked tightly into my back pocket the entire walk).


Look at Kaity's smile! I love walking in the woods with my grandchildren--they just come alive outside!
I think this might be my favorite picture of the day with Kaity!
OR perhaps ... this one!







SO SO beautiful out here. I am so thankful for God's creation ... He is AWESOME.

We followed the pathway further away from our starting point, but then it took a turn that definitely was going to take us awhile to hike; so I suggested we turn around and go back the way we came. Kaity enthusiastically agreed. We crossed back over the logs just as we had done before ...



After our walk, we came home to eat dinner. Kaity had asked me to make my chicken and rice dish for her (she requested this on Thursday on our way back to Jesse); so I had it all ready to heat up when we walked in the door. We were eating our yummy dinner 5 minutes after we came home. Kaity had two large helpings! 

It was so nice to be with Kaity today. I love her so much. Lord--please do Your amazing work in her life. Bring her into Your family. Give her eyes to see You and ears to hear You speak to her. Help her to love you back and give her life to You. Thank you for loving us, for chasing after us, for never giving up on us.
 

No comments: