Saturday, October 15, 2022

October 13 Halloween Cheerleader KT

Thursday afternoon/evening:  Kaity'd had a hard day at school today--a personal matter arose for which she was unprepared--so I was greeted with tears today when I picked her up from Jesse. After phoning her mom, we decided to cancel soccer practice for Kaity and just look forward to a more relaxing evening together.

Kaity received an invitation to a Halloween party at her friend's (Max) Friday evening and she was somewhat stressed that she did not have an appropriate costume ready. She and Emma are working on an outwardly WARM costume for her to wear for trick-or-treating--but as far as we knew, that costume was not quite ready for wearing.

Kaity suggested we go to "Spirit Halloween", a store located in what USED to be our beloved Toys R US building. I'm not crazy about this store--too spooky and dark for my liking--besides the fact that Halloween is not a very cherished occasion in my heart or mind. But putting all of that aside, Kaity had her wallet with her (with $33 dollars she had earned), so we drove over to have a look inside that store to see if Kaity could get any ideas of what to wear to the party Friday night. I snapped a few pictures inside the store:


It's a pretty creepy store ... these are animated creatures! If you step on the footprint on the floor, they go into action with lights and sounds, etc. I know a few of my grandchildren who would not make it passed these monsters!

We looked the whole store over and thankfully, Kaity only had enough money for this Halloween cheerleader costume. It came complete with pom-poms, the complete outfit including tights, long gloves, and hair bows! The only thing we bought extra was the green eye shadow. Kaity was very pleased and tried the whole thing on the minute we got to my house.

Kaity makes a very good cheerleader! She has been working on stretching her legs and holding a pose, keeping her balance. Good job, Kaity! You look like an official cheerleader. I actually like YOUR outfit more than a lot of cheerleading outfits that girls wear--at least this one covers your body.
We ate our usual hotdogs for dinner (along with watermelon, other fruit, and snacks), and then Kaity requested that we watch "Nightmare before Christmas" which is kind of a combination Halloween/Christmas movie. We looked up the year it was released (1994?) and then we watched it. I had never seen it before. It's not the kind of movie that generally appeals to me. I had heard that the music and "art" in the movie was exceptional--and I agree. The story itself was "okay"; but again, it's not the kind of story that appeals to me--especially since the whole Christmas part revolved around Santa. Why on earth do people "get off" on Santa when there is an amazingly loving and awesome JESUS to celebrate?!?!? Anyway, I was glad to watch this with Kaity--she likes the story very much. She did look at me during the story one time and said: "Christmas isn't really about Santa, is it grandma? It's about JESUS." Yes, Kaity. That's exactly right. How wonderful that God would love us enough to send His Son to become one of us so that He could rescue us from sin and self and lead us to His Father. There is nothing that compares with HIS STORY!

Before we left my house, I snapped a few more pictures of Kaity in her costume.





I love you so much, Kaity. Thank you, Lord, for letting me be Kaity's grandma.


 

No comments: