Monday, April 23, 2007

A "Cookie" update

The skywalk to BUTTERWORTH HOSPITAL

GOOD NEWS! "Cookie" had the CT scan yesterday afternoon. No clots were found on his lungs. The edema in his legs is still a concern, but mom and I called and switched his primary care physician this afternoon and he has an appointment with a new physician in two weeks to be evaluated.

The nurses say Roy will be discharged tomorrow! They just have to have the attending physician sign the orders tomorrow morning, and by about 1:00 I will drive over after work, and bring them back to their house.

I have seen a side of my mom that I have never seen before. I am stunned! I am amazed at the grace of God! I am comforted to know that mom is happy and is able to be a caregiver -- she basically "glows" when she is around Roy. I will say that he is one of the very nicest people I have ever met. He is strong and tough, hard-working, smart, faithful; but at the very same time he is gentle, humble, kind, patient, happy, encouraging, affirming and humorous! I pray that mom has a few years to be loved like this -- perhaps she will be better able to understand the "deep, deep love of Jesus" demonstrated through Roy.

P.S. The last time Roy was ill in any serious way was in 1972! And he is not on any medication! I'd say he is a pretty tough Cookie!

No comments: