Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Martin Comes Home

Nurse Bridget wheeling the happy patient out of room 6258
I BET YOU ARE WONDERING -- WHO ON EARTH IS MARTIN? I don't blame you! I had the exact same feeling at the hospital when one of the nurses walked in and asked how Martin was doing! I thought: "Martin who?"
Well, it seems as though our Nana's husband is a man of many names. I like that, though. I mean, Mr. Jones has a ton of names and I rarely ever call him Don -- he doesn't answer to a simple "Don", so I've taken to calling him GEORGE usually, or if he is being especially arrogant I call him CHARLES -- but I am digressing . . .
The newest member of our family -- yes, guys -- Mr. Cook is the newest member -- I know he is not a baby -- his actual name is Martin Leroy but he has never been called Martin, only Leroy. And then of course, he enters our odd family and has to be called Roy instead of Leroy! I personally like COOKIE because it just fits him so perfectly.
Nana and Roy home at last!

It turns out that Roy has congestive heart failure and has for awhile. I guess he knew that and so did his doctor, but for some reason his fluids were not being carefully monitored. The long and short of it is that he is not to exceed 32 ounces of fluid per day -- not for any reason! No salt! Keep legs elevated as much as possible! His pneumonia is on the mend. All of this is very good news! Grandpa Jones and I picked them up at the hospital and took them home. Was he ever happy to be outside again! You have to understand that Cookie is an outside kind of person. He has a beautiful yard and he loves to work in his garden. He also takes very good care of the house. I'm so glad we could get to know him better these past few days. Thanks for praying for Cookie and for Nana.

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

I never would have guessed that my new grandpa would have had so many alias, how fun! I'm glad to hear he is back home again, I thought it may be CHF but when the doctors didn't say it right away I thought maybe I was wrong. Hmm, I guess I shouldn't doubt my gut.

JonesChronicles said...

Hooray! I also prefer Cookie to the other options I've been given. Glad he is finally out of the hospital. I wish a doctor would order me to keep my legs up for a while! =)