Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Bad outfits and Mr. Jones

I don't know about you, but there is something about bad outfits
and men in general --
but more specifically, Mr. Jones!
This is how he "showed up" at my office a week or two ago.
Thankfully, no one was there but me
and Loretta, who said "her dad dresses funny too around the house."
Notice the white socks, trimmed so nicely in red
worn with the stylish black shoes ...
It reminded me of the first official date we had
just about 11 years ago.
For those of you who don't know the story,
I'll just tell it real quick here:
It was a Friday night, and he asked if I wanted to go
to Grand Haven and take a walk ...
I love Grand Haven!
I love the pier!
I love the lake!
I love the sand!
I love the sounds and the smells ...
So I said "Yes."
When he picked me up at my apartment,
lo and behold
to my complete horror,
he was dressed in a shocking green
double knit pair of
leisure slacks
and a matching polo shirt!
(I can't find the right color here
but it practically glowed in the dark)
As we walked along the pier,
I determined that if I saw anyone I knew (even remotely)
I was jumping in ...
Cute picture. Bad outfit.
Darling Karis.
Totally bad hat, Mr. Jones!
Just to be fair, however
here he is looking rather handsome, don't you think?
Grey is definitely a nice color on him
At Pearl Harbor, September 2006
I know none of this is very profound or earth-shattering
It teeters right on the edge of being downright shallow ...
But I just wanted to say that despite his bad outfits
I really do love Mr. Jones.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

gray is nice because it matches his hair!!!

Emily said...

I feel your pain. It must be an engineer thing!

Agent G7 said...

carol you are soooo funny..!! I am cracking up! I love you .. karen