Friday, September 26, 2008

Pictures from yesterday ...

I had a really full day yesterday. I left home shortly after 8:00 in the morning and didn't return home for 12 hours. Mr. Jones and I drove separately for our childcare duties over at church because we each had our own plans for the day afterwards ...
I enjoyed lunch with my dear friend, Karen. We ate at a really wonderful place over in Eastown ~ but for the life of me, I cannot remember the name. The food was delicious, and since the weather has been so gorgeous still, we ate outside. Afterwards, we walked around the campus of Aquinas College, enjoying the architecture of the beautiful old buildings and the still-blooming flowers.
I love old buildings! We walked and talked and just enjoyed the day. There is nothing in this world more valuable than friendship, is there? We also walked some beautiful paths over at Marywood Academy ...
I loved the little ponds and lily pads ... Karen and I spent three refreshing hours together, and then I had to be on my way over to Nana's house for further computer instruction!!
Cookie's flowers are STILL absolutely amazing on the side of their house ... I love this passage from I Peter about the inner beauty of a woman ... and thought this flower was a beautiful illustration of it.
So how did our computer training go yesterday? I think quite well actually. Nana was able to successfully open and respond to several e-mails! Here's hoping ...
This darling bird was in Cookie's driveway ... I think it was taking a nap! Good thing it wasn't at OUR house with Thomas K. stalking the place! It became very angry when Cookie picked it up to see if it was okay! And then it flew back to its nest.

I left their house and headed over to a jewelry demonstration in Hudsonville at the house of a friend of mine. I had never been there before, so I used Mapquest for directions from Nana's to the party. However, Mapquest doesn't take into account construction projects and closed freeway offramps, etc. and the ramp I needed was closed. So I was naturally lost! I wandered around Jenison, Hudsonville and who knows where for about a half hour and finally stopped to ask directions. I arrived at the party 35 minutes late ... not bad I thought. Only one problem ... I had the WRONG day for the party ... it isn't until tonight. Oh well, at least I wasn't late!

No comments: