Saturday, September 27, 2008

Thinking of Livie ...

"I created you and I have cared for you since before you were born. I will be your God throughout your lifetime ..." Isaiah 46:3 NLT
Dear Olivia ~ This is a very special day for you! Turning thirteen is a very big deal! You are especially in my thoughts today, as well as my prayers. It's been almost six months now since we last saw you ... I'm sorry it's been that long. Do you remember the walk we took back behind your house to this little pond? It was such a quiet spot and we could hear the frogs croaking and the bugs flittering. I love taking walks with you! I like to hear about what is going on in your life and the things you think about. I'm looking forward to taking lots of walks with you very soon ... perhaps we can take a walk one week from this very night!
"I made you and I will care for you. I will carry you along and will save you." Isaiah 46:4 NLT.

That's some promise that God makes, isn't it? To care for us, carry us along, and save us. Thirteen is a great age to be ... but it's also right on the brink of being grown up, with lots of choices to make, lots of different paths to follow ... I'm praying that you always go God's way, Livie. He has loved you before you were even born.

Happy 13th Birthday, dear granddaughter! See you in just one week! :)

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Thanks you Mom!

Sabrina said...

Thank you Grandma! Can't wait to see you and take a walk with you too! Love Livie