Thursday, September 4, 2008

A soft and gentle sound ...

"Who sends the rain that satisfies the parched ground and makes the tender grass spring up?" Job 38:28 NLT

I woke up this morning to a refreshing sensation ... a peaceful and lulling kind of rhythm, dancing across my window pane ~ one of my very favorite sounds! It was 5:15 in the morning ... I rolled over, sighed deeply, and gave thanks! It was raining! We have had almost no rain in our part of Grand Rapids for nearly six weeks. Our yard is not very green any more, and many of our flowers have just given up and died. But we have had a soft and steady rain all day today ... remnants of Hurricane Gustaf ... and my heart is glad because of it!

"God ... does great works too marvelous to understand. He performs miracles without number. He gives rain for the earth. He sends water for the fields." Job 5:9-10 NLT.

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

I love it when it rains too! Praying that God's love will continue to rain down over all of us.

Unknown said...

I found your site by accident while seaching for pictures of Galveston Island. I was very surprised when I found your pictures and then to find that you live in GR. I find your site to be a blessing, touching and quite moving! I live in the City that you visited on Saturday (Rockford). I am originally from Texas and still have a condo on South Padre Island. We were there when Hurricane Dolly hit. I love your pictures and comments! I can see it is a labor of love for your family and friends! Keep up the great work, your awesome! Steve Ledbetter, Rockford, MI