Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Another Wednesday ...

It was a quiet and beautiful morning I woke up to ~ the sun was pushing its way through the gray sky and making it quite irresistible to stay inside! I decided to layer up and take my camera for a nice long walk and just "STOP! And consider the wonderful miracles of God!" Job 37.4
The intricate ice patterns are pretty amazing, aren't they? This is the prettiest place within walking distance from our house ~ Mr. Lyle's back property. We haven't had any new snow now for 10+ days ... so I even got brief glimpses of ... ground (!) I saw deer track and bunny trails, snow shoe prints, and heard the beautiful call of the birds.


I actually had a purpose in mind for my walk, other than just enjoying this beautiful winter morning. I have been curious for a long time to walk upstream and see where this creek leads ... so it was kind of an "adventure" for me to see if I could find out! It's actually quite a walk, and off the beaten path; but eventually, Scott Creek just runs right under US-131! (see picture below)
And on my way back through the woods ... I found this long-abandoned truck ... I'm not sure even Jesse could make this thing run again ~ but I suppose from looking at this picture, he can tell me the year and the model!

Mmmm. The fresh air was wonderful. The quiet was amazing. I am renewed!

And Nature, the old nurse, took
the Child upon her knee,
Saying, "Here is a storybook
Thy Father has written for thee."

"Come, wander with me," she said,
"Into regions yet untrod;
And read what is still unread
in the manuscripts of God."

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

5 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful, beautiful photographs, Aunt Carol!

Mom Jones said...

Thank you, Shelley! :)

Sabrina said...

love those pictures Mom. breath-taking beautiful!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.