Friday, January 1, 2010

Some snapshots from the 27th ...

Last Sunday was hodge-podge kind of a day. We enjoyed a great time of worship together at church in the morning. Isn't this a great picture of sleepy Jeremiah and his Aunt Sabrina?!
And I absolutely love this one of Emily! Emily and baby Jeremiah came over early afternoon to hang out with us. Adam had to return to Minneapolis so that he could go back to work, but Emily and Jeremiah stayed here in Grand Rapids for a few extra days ...
I tried to get a nice picture of the little kiddos still all dressed up in their "Christmas best", but I didn't have opportunity to do so BEFORE church ... so this is AFTER church and BEFORE our pizza arrived ... with facial expressions to match!
* * * * * * * * * *

Later on in the afternoon, I slipped away because I was invited over to Shane's place to have a small Christmas celebration. Kelly and Dylan were there too ... I got a great cookbook from them called "The New Moosewood Cookbook" full of amazing soup, salad, sauce, rice, vegetarian types of recipes ... I can't wait to try them out!
I love this beautiful picture of our Kelly O'Brien and Dylan ...

* * * * * * * * * *

Since Nana and Roy had been pretty much "homebound" because of the slippery weather, they were unable to come across town to our house ... even on Roy's 89th birthday! They only live about 10 minutes from Shane's place, so I took a few presents and a completely pathetic b'day cake over to them!
Grandpa Jones and I got Roy one of those upside-down tomato growers that you've seen on TV. Roy is famous for his tomatoes! We thought he'd enjoy this crazy tomato contraption, just for fun!

Sunday was Roy's 89th birthday. He doesn't at all act his age! He doesn't look like he is practically 90, does he? He is even nicer than he looks ... and I think he LOOKS extremely handsome! Not everyone gets to live this many years in such great health. On his birthday card this year, I used this verse: "When people live to be very old, let them rejoice with EVERY DAY OF LIFE." Ecclesiastes 11.8

No comments: