Monday, April 19, 2010

Happiness!

Exactly TWO months ago, on this very blog (!) I announced the engagement of Dylan and Kelly ... because I was SO excited and happy about it ... but what I didn't know at the time, was that I was supposed to kind of keep it a secret until ... Kelly had her ring (oops!) ...
Thankfully, Dylan and Kelly realized that no one on this earth (practically) reads this blog, so I wasn't in any kind of serious family trouble (whew!) for this premature announcement, but I was asked NOT to make wedding comments over on Facebook, and I think I totally complied with that! By the way, Kelly has 995 friends on Facebook ~ which gives you a hint at the wonderful kind of person she is ~ she is loved by so many dear folk!
This picture (above) was stolen from Facebook ... it is their happy faces after Dylan surprised Kelly with her ring on a little beach somewhere south of Holland last night. I'm told he even got down on one knee and proposed. Which is very romantic ... especially since they have been making detailed wedding plans for the last two months! There was an heirloom ring in Kelly's family that was perhaps going to be her engagement ring, but that situation didn't work out. So Dylan picked this ring out especially for Kelly ... and so fulfilled a desire of her heart.

Kelly and I had a scheduled meeting this morning with our beautiful friend, Karen (who is throwing a bridal shower for Kelly and Dylan), so I got to see the ring for myself. My focus was all off on the close-up pictures I tried to take, but the picture at the top of this post is her actual ring.


Kelly and I drove over to Ada Park this morning with Karen and walked around the beautiful grounds there. Since there are so many out-of-town folk coming in for the wedding, we've decided to do pizza and breads and salads for the rehearsal dinner, very casually, right here at this lovely spot. It's reserved just for US!

I've so enjoyed getting to know Kelly this year. She has brought a lot of JOY into our lives. And I've never seen Dylan so happy ... and all of you who are mothers will agree ... there is nothing that matches seeing the happiness of your children!
My lover said to me,
"Rise up, my beloved, my fair one, and come away.
For the winter is past,
and the rain is over and gone.
The flowers are springing up,
and the time of singing birds has come ...
Yes! Spring is here!
Arise, my beloved, my fair one,
and come away!"
Solomon's Song 2:10-13

5 comments:

Sabrina said...

Yeah! We can finally announce it! Congrats you two!

larry and judy hand said...

Beautiful ring. I read about them
on here and am very happy for them.
Congratulations to the great couple.

Anonymous said...

when is the wedding? congrads! it is exciting isn't it. and yes, there is nothing really like seeing your kids happy. somehow it makes a mamma's heart happy too.

carol, you have such a touch with making God's word come alive in your pictures. you truely have a gift. i love it!

Anonymous said...

carol, anonymous is me, carol. somehow i can't remember my "google" acct info. oh well,

Mom Jones said...

Greetings to my sister-in-law, Carol ... Dylan's wedding is July 31. We are very happy for he and Kelly. Their beautiful friendship blossomed into love. Also, I'm glad you enjoy my very amateur photography. I am daily stunned at the beauty of God's creation and His Word is equally beautiful ~ it seems only fitting to combine the two! P.S. I love the picture of you and David that you are using over on FB.