Saturday, April 17, 2010

The orchard ...

"You are my hiding place;
you protect me from trouble.
You surround me with songs of victory."
PSALM 32.7
We have had a very early and warm spring in West Michigan. Yesterday morning I took a very purposeful drive out to Robinette's Orchard. I had driven past there earlier in the week, saw that apple trees were in full bloom, and knew that I had a small window of opportunity to get some beautiful pictures.
Robinette's is not a huge orchard by any means; but you can walk just a tiny way off the road and up the grassy avenues, and suddenly ... you enter a magical world all your own.
I was so happy to be in this quiet place, surrounded by such beauty. Last year, I had waited a few days too late for my visit. Most of the beautiful blooms had already fallen to the ground!
I'm not sure, but I think these gorgeous pink flowers are apricot blossoms. The farmer was outside pruning this side of the orchard. I wanted to take all of these cut branches home with me. It seemed such a shame to leave them laying there on the ground.
"... the godly flourish like leaves in spring ..."
PROVERBS 11.28
For the little while that I walked among the trees, it was like I was in a little hiding place ... of quiet and peace ... no nagging worries ... no heartaches ... surrounded by the magic and loveliness of this heavenly place!
"... the godly are like trees that bear
life-giving fruit ..."

PROVERBS 11:30

No comments: