Sunday, April 4, 2010

We meet Liam on Resurrection Sunday!

Grandpa Jones and I got up bright and early to take care of children at church this Easter morning for the 8:10 service. There were 21 little ones in Grandpa's nursery and eight preschoolers in my class this morning ... a new record for my little class! We attended worship service following that, but Grandpa Jones was too late being relieved from nursery duty to sing in the choir during second service this morning. We had a huge crowd of folk today at church, with every single seat filled ~ the overflow too ~ right on into the chapel area! How wonderful to celebrate that Jesus is alive!

We were hoping very much to see Nick, Rachel and the children while at church ... and we were not disappointed. It's very handy that Rachel's parents attend the same church as we do!
Grandpa Jones got to hold the newest member of our family. Liam Calvin is beautiful and perfect ... and SO tiny!
Look at his little face! I think he was having a little stretch here! There was about a half hour between second and third services, so we just crowded around the pews and enjoyed the kids for awhile.

Isn't Nia too funny with these sunglasses? She is attached to Nicolas at the hip! She doesn't want anyone else but her daddy. She was very willing, however, to give me a few smiles for my camera ... I think she remembered us from just a few weeks ago when we visited her house in Bandera. She is only 2-1/2, though, so we certainly can't expect her to be thrilled about seeing us.

And Nathan Paul ... is just beyond description. He is such a monkey. He would pretend to pose for me and just when I would snap the picture, he would duck his head down or make a bizzare face! I did catch him just these two times ... but that's okay. A little later on when we were all standing at the back of the auditorium, he looked over, pointed his finger at me, and said, "I like you!" Ah ... very mutual feelings, Nathan Paul!

Rachel looked lovely in a beautiful yellow dress! Lottie Caroline was all dressed up for Easter too. She, of course, catches everyone eye FIRST because of her gorgeous RED hair. I think she is a little doll. She enjoys having her picture taken very much.
Look at how little Liam is! He is 10 days old this very day. I'm so glad we got to meet him today!
We came home from church and I got started preparing a roast beef dinner. We had invited Mom and Roy over for Easter dinner many weeks ago and decided to just have a quiet dinner today with them. We enjoyed a nice visit with them, ate lots of good food, and now the kitchen is cleaned up and I am resting for a little bit in anticipation of a BIG dinner tomorrow with the rest of the family! We are going to have such a lot of fun. I'll show you pictures and you'll be able to share it with us!

No comments: