Tuesday, April 27, 2010

This newness of life ...

"All this newness of life is from God,
who brought us back to himself through what Christ did."
2 Corinthians 5.18


There hasn't been much news around here lately. We've settled into our usual weekly routines, and we've begun working out in our yard. Presently, the yard needs so much work that it offends my aesthetic sensibilities every time I look at it! So after I had pulled two buckets full of weeds this afternoon, I took a little jaunt in the woods ...
The contrast between life and death ... brilliant green leaves unfurling against a backdrop of months of accumulated dead leaves ...
These pictures remind me of the passage in 2 Corinthians 5: "Since we believe that Christ died for everyone, we also believe that we have all died to the old life we used to live." (verse 14)
"Christ died for everyone, so that those who receive his new life will no longer live to please themselves. Instead, they will live to please Christ, who died and was raised for them." (verse 15)
Those who become Christians become new persons.
They are not the same anymore,
for the old life is gone.
A new life has begun!
2 Corinthians 5.17

I hope you can get out and about and enjoy this beautiful time of year. I'm thankful I have the time to explore God's wonderful creation. I am always refreshed and renewed after a walk in the woods ...

No comments: