Monday, August 2, 2010

Another fabulous day at the beach ...

The Coast Guard Festival is going on this week over at Grand Haven. Which means lots and lots of people ... way-too-crowded beaches, wall-to-wall people on the pier ...
So we drove to Pere Marquette beach instead in Muskegon. No matter how many times you go to Lake Michigan during the summer, she always surprises you! No two days are ever quite the same! Today, the wind picked up, the waves were rolling in, the water temperature was warmer than the air (!) and ... we had the time of our lives!
I could have stayed forever (naturally!) and was happy 100% of the time we were there. We brought all of our sand toys and made a lovely castle together. The little ones played at the edge of the water for a long time ...

But then suddenly ... those waves beckon you in ... and it is SO exhilerating and crazy ...
Jackson and Karis loved it SO much ... almost entirely fearless (which in itself is scary) ... so we kept them very close to us!
And it's probably a good thing I wasn't by myself today ... because the lure of the water is incredible and I love to go as far out as I can get and just ... let it take me!

We walked to the end of the breakwater ... a nice long walk ... with the wind all around us, seagulls flying overhead ... delicious!

And the best part of going to Muskegon today was the bonus of seeing our good friend, Gail. She lives one block off this beach ... if you can imagine such a thing! We had so much fun with her today.


We enjoyed dinner out together and after visiting for quite awhile, we drove back home to settle down for the evening. I don't really have time to go through all of my pictures from today. I still have over 800 wedding pictures to look through and edit so that I can show you more of the wedding ... well ... in the next few days I hope to accomplish that!

No comments: