Monday, August 30, 2010

For the love of Kelly ...

It's not Kelly's birthday until tomorrow ... but we celebrated it tonight anyway! I have a few pictures to show you!
This is Kelly right before she blew out her candles. It was so much fun to have a birthday party and dinner for her! Kelly is a vegetarian ... which can present some challenges if ... you LIKE meat! Dylan is a practically a vegetarian, so I have been trying to learn to cook a few meals that will accommodate. Kelly and Dylan's good friend, Nick, also came to dinner. Yesterday, it was HIS birthday.
I made a vegetarian pot pie! And I made the crust from scratch. I'll be honest though, I prefer Betty Crocker's Ready-Made pie crusts to this one ... and it's so much simpler! The pot pie was very yummy, though, and well received. We had fruit and fruit dip, a nice jell-o salad, sweet corn, and cheesy garlic bread. Kelly loved it!

This is the card I made for Kelly's birthday. These wildflowers were on top of Garvin Heights at the overlook there in Winona (where Kelly grew up) ... we visited two weeks ago.

And here is Kelly reading her card to us (I love the quote by Dostoevsky) ... she liked it very much!
I picked up this framed picture of Queen Anne's Lace for Kelly when I was with Ruthanne on our sister's retreat. I kept saying that I wanted to find SOMETHING for Kelly that had Queen Anne's Lace on it ... and Ruthanne spied this lovely picture in a little shop in Harbor Beach. I also picked out an incredibly pretty necklace for Kelly ... but I failed to take a picture of it(!) ... I found it at a craft fair in Lexington, Michigan.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KELLY! Hope your day is lovely in every way!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great day.