Thursday, August 26, 2010

A spontaneous walk ...

I've been locked away in my office for DAYS working on cards that I need to make before we leave for Texas. But then the phone rang this afternoon ... and it was KellyO! She and her friend Sara were in the area. Could they come over ... and maybe walk up the road and meet Tuffy and Mr. Lyle? Ah! Just what I needed to freshen and brighten up my day! I checked our refrigerator real quick and ... voila! I found a few carrots!


It's just a quick walk up the hill, and we were there! Mr. Lyle let us feed Tuffy our carrots, and then he asked Kelly and Sara if they would like to groom Tuffy a little bit. It's been a really hot summer here and the flies are kind of bad around horses ... poor Tuffy has been really bothered by them this year, so he was a little bit agitated when we saw him today.
Kelly wasn't one bit shy of getting close to Tuffy. I still struggle with feeding him! I'm just such a city girl. Kelly was showing Sara how to hold her hand nice and flat and kind of shove the carrot in Tuffy's mouth. They fed Tuffy together, and I think Sara wasn't quite as squeamish after watching Kelly.
I love spontaneity! I'm so glad Kelly stopped by. It was great to see Sara again too and take a little break from my attempts at creativity ...
Mr. Lyle said we could come back any time!

2 comments:

Emily said...

What a cute little sheltie or collie.

Mom Jones said...

Yes ... he is so adorable. His name is BUDDIE and I think he is a Sheltie but I'm not sure.