Saturday, October 16, 2010

Late afternoon at Roselle Park ...

I've been sick the last few days (long story), but I was pretty determined to return to Roselle Park in Ada Township and walk some of those trails ... so Mr. Jones and I did just that!
This is the weekend in West Michigan where colors would reach the pinnacle ~ actually, I think the colors peaked out a few days ago ... but still ... very beautiful.
Mr. Jones and I walked a straight pathway and veered off to the left to climb this small observation platform and enjoyed the view ~ which Mr. Jones pronounced as "B L E A K" ~ I'll admit it was rather lonely looking, but with a romantic, melancholy "Wuthering Heights" sort of loneliness ...
... but then "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" ... right?

The pathway winds around and down to the Grand River ...
... which sometimes was seen through Milkweed and long-dead wildflowers ...
But now and then, you could get a nice view ...
I was feeling too poorly to do any long hiking ... so we just took a short and very pleasant walk. It was nice to get out of the house for an hour, away from my sickness ... inhale the fresh air, and appreciate LIFE ...
I'm going to like returning to this park every now and again ... although I do not think I will walk it alone ... something a bit TOO lonely about this place!

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

I'm sorry you haven't been feeling good lately. I hope you feel better soon! Love ya Mom!