Saturday, October 9, 2010

Only God ...



I think that I shall never see
a poem as lovely as a tree.
A tree whose hungry mouth is pressed
against the earth's sweet flowing breast;
a tree that looks at God all day
and lifts her leafy arms to pray;
a tree that may in Summer wear
a nest of robins in her hair;
upon whose bosom snow has lain;
who intimately lives with rain.
Poems are made by fools like me,
but only God can make a tree.
~ Joyce Kilmer ~ "Trees" (1914)


I drove out to Meijer Gardens today to purchase a membership! Dylan and Kelly gave me a gift certificate to the Gardens for my birthday this year, and I only had to add just a little more to become a member ... so I did! I'm so glad! Now, no matter what the weather, I can go visit beautiful flowers!

It was an absolutely gorgeous autumn day today, almost 80 degrees here in Grand Rapids. After walking around the Gardens for awhile, I drove out to Ada Park to walk in the woods out there too. I've been in love with trees all my life ... no matter what the season ... but aren't they especially beautiful this time of year?! Thank you, God, for every single amazing tree!

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

What beautiful pictures Mom!!! I miss fall trips to apple orchards and trees changing colors! Glad you got a membership to the gardens- how many times are u going to go see the Christmas trees this year?