Tuesday, January 7, 2014

It's going to be a LONG winter ...

It's only officially been winter for almost three weeks ~ but yet, it feels like it's been hanging around for months already! Probably because we had an early start to our cold and snow, coupled with quite a few winter storms already. It's very lovely to look at, and I do so enjoy this kind of beauty ... if it just wasn't SO COLD!
The grandchildren and I are trying to adjust to life without our Saturday afternoon excursions ... but we miss them terribly! I'm going to have to toughen up and figure out some limited outdoor winter activities to enrich our weekends together.
We have still enjoyed being together, just playing inside. The above picture was taken using the Photobooth feature on my computer. This was early Saturday morning, after a very decent night's sleep. We went to bed quite late. We had watched "The Nativity Story" together, but didn't get it started until much later than usual because we were enjoying some continuing chapters in the short story we've been reading together: "The Wise Woman or The Lost Princess." 


The kiddos enjoy building stuff together, and they got their puppets all together and got a little bit crazy with them!

We didn't really have an art project or anything like that going on this weekend. We just hung out together, did some cooking, and played a few games too. Emma found my Scrabble board and I introduced her to that game (one of my favorites). She enjoyed just making words together ~ we didn't actually play a real game of it. 
I love these times with the grandchildren. I love to just talk with them, listen to them, and play together. We stayed inside all weekend, and then I took them back home Saturday evening. On Sunday, we got hit with another big winter storm, and an arctic blast ... all of the city schools were closed Monday and Tuesday ... we are hunkering down for a very long winter.  

No comments: