Tuesday, January 28, 2014

My safe haven …

"Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be.
Remind me that my days are numbered,
and that my life is fleeing away." 
PSALM 19:4

I've had a little extra time the last few days, so I decided to show off my little beach house that has almost become an igloo in the last few days of piled-up snow drifts and blizzard-y weather! I have rarely posted pictures just of this little place as it is on a day where I don't have visitors or grandchildren. 
When I purchased this place nearly two years ago now, I wanted it to be a place of peace and rest; so I went with a nautical theme (naturally) because I enjoy beaches and water and boats and seagulls more than anything ~ I am totally relaxed in that environment! 

We have about 18" of snow on the ground right now, but the drifting snow is much deeper; plus, the snowplow dumps loads of the white stuff on all of our lawns because there is no where else to put it! The lighthouse welcome flag in front of my house is completely buried in snow today.

Have a look around at a few of the rooms of my Beach House ...


This is my best friend …
Best therapy in the world!
 . . . Lord, where do I put my hope?
My only hope is in You!
Psalm 39:7

The kitchen/dining area is a nice big space. I've actually made the dining area into my art place ... 
The kitchen
 Some of the nautical decor ...


 "My only hope is in Your
unfailing love and faithfulness." 
PSALM 40:11

The main room of the house is a comfortable place to hang out ... 

My pot-belly stove ...




 "Send out Your light and Your truth;
let them guide me.
Let them lead me to Your holy mountain,
to the place where You live."
PSALM 43:3

Looking down the street where I live ...


"How precious is Your unfailing love, O God!
All humanity finds shelter in the shadow of Your wings.
You feed them from the abundance 
of Your own house …"
PSALM 36:7-8a

I am very thankful for the blessing of this little place I call home  …   it's only temporary, and I am just passing through . . . looking forward some day to an "eternal house" in heaven.

No comments: