Monday, February 2, 2015

A few pictures from Meijer Gardens today ...

With 8-10 inches of fresh, beautiful, clean snow outside I really wanted to take a few photographs today, since it is the only day of the week (practically speaking) that I am free to do so! But it was SO cold today, that I was reluctant to go deep into the woods alone … something about it just seemed too foreboding!
So I drove on over to Meijer Gardens, paid my $12 (grudgingly) and walked the boardwalk out there … except everything was too … bleak out there today! I wasn't really able to get any beautiful shots, nothing that I really really liked anyway.
I do always love trees, though … so these pictures are OK I guess; however quite unremarkable. 

It was painfully cold and I was dressed in triple layers … so after 30 minutes or so, I went back inside and walked right into the Rain Forest conservatory (where the butterflies come in March and April) … it is jungle-like in there … HUMID … HOT … WONDERFUL! Except my camera lens fogged up so badly, I could hardly take any pictures at all.
Sigh. Well, it was at least nice to get out of the house and enjoy the beauty of the gardens for a little while. 

It is a beautiful place. 

No comments: