Monday, February 26, 2018

This precious person ...

Monday, February 26:  I got to spend a little quality one-on-one with baby Aidan Monday afternoon. His mama had a bunch of errands to run and so I came over to his house to play for awhile.
Aidan is a tiny little dumpling of a baby. He measures just 2% for height and 20% on the weight scale. It doesn't seem to bother him one bit.
His folks also took him to an allergist last week. It seems this little one has a pretty severe allergy to tree nuts, peanuts in general. He is also highly allergic to anything dairy-related. He also seems quite intolerant of gluten. SO, Kelly has been doing a good job with her diet, so that her milk doesn't upset him.
We played with the leftover birthday glasses from Brendan's party ...









And we spent a lot of time in the high chair eating various snacks and playing "catch" with all of the toys he would drop over the side. Aidan thought it was quite amusing. But he has a very ready sense of humor.




The sweetest time of all, for me at least, was after we had played down on the floor for awhile--me pretending to chase him as he crawled as fast as his little legs would go (cracking up all the way down the hallway, thinking he was getting away from me!) and then I would snatch him up and kiss his tummy--anyway, that was NOT the sweetest time--it was actually nap time (which Aidan resists with all of his heart). He finally fell asleep on my lap, all warm and snuggly, after we had read a few good books, drank his bottle, and played with my boat necklace. He also wanted me to suck on his fingers (he thought it was super funny), but then he drifted away ... so quietly and softly. I rocked him for about an hour with him all cuddled into my arms, and I rubbed his little face with my fingers and spoke words of love to him. Nothing quite like a dear little baby ...

No comments: