Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Just hanging out at The Beach House

Saturday, February 24:  This post is out of order, but oh well! Saturday was Kaity's last soccer game of the season over at the high school, Court 3 in the gymnasium. Poor Kaity, though, was physically exhausted from the cold she had (cough and sniffles). She just wasn't her usual hopping, skipping, jumping self.
 That's OK because we love her just as she is. She gave it a try for a few plays ...
But she never once ran ... or hopped ... or skipped ... or jumped! 
 Until she finally gave up and came to cuddle with Jesse. That's just how it goes sometimes. Her grandpa Larry and grandma Judy were there to watch her play as well. We have gone to every one of her games and cheered her on. This has been a very good experience for Kaity.
 Just one picture of the flooded Grand River. This is what it looked like up at Northland and the intersection of Cannonsburg/W. River. The building over there is built up on stilts (I guess that's what you call it) and there is a parking lot underneath--and there are large boulders that line the parking lot and then descend into the river. Usually, there is a good 6-8 feet below the parking lot before you hit the river ... but not on Saturday!
 I picked the kiddos up at 3:30 and we hung out at The Beach House for a little while. Kaity is always SO glad to be here. She is quite a spit-fire of a kid. She was feeling better than she had been at her morning soccer game.
I had purchased a TOY Wilson basketball hoop and put it on my front door, where the ceiling is highest, and the kids had so much fun shooting baskets!! 
 I have enough small, soft balls for everyone to get in on the action; so everyone did!


We did a lot of drawing and art work too ... 
 I love it when the kids sit around my table and draw stuff. 
 Kaity is really coming along with her letters and her drawing too. She seems very happy while she is creating a picture. I'm so glad about this!

 Kaity also enjoys my piano. Emma does too ... but she isn't happy when I take her picture, so I'm trying to respect that as much as possible.
 We played a game of UNO, but I didn't realize I had a double deck--which stretched the game out WAY TOO LONG ... and Kaity didn't know how to play, and the older kids didn't want me to teach her because it would be too interruptive ... so we finally gave up trying to get to the end of the game.

 I love being with these kids. I love watching them grow up. I keep asking the Lord to shine His light on their hearts, open their eyes to see Him, open their ears to hear Him, and give them hearts that seek to know and obey Him ... all the days of their lives. Nothing less will bring them happiness.
 Kaity kind of wandered back and forth between our game table and the round table, where she was doing stickers and other things ...

 Christopher !! He cracks me up. He was really enjoying himself during the game.

 I absolutely love these pictures of Matt. He has a tendency to be "down" on himself and be prone to sadness, but he actually did very well during our game (even though he was not winning) and it was just good to be with him and play a game together. Emma was here at the table too, but I did not take her picture.



Well, that's all for now. Thankful for these children, every one of them ... so good of God to allow me to be their grandma.

No comments: