Sunday, March 12, 2023

March 11 Aidan's Party

Saturday:  Kaity and I went to Aidan's #6 birthday party Saturday afternoon. We had SO MUCH FUN. Dylan and Kelly truly know how to throw a good party. Everybody seemed to have a wonderful time. What blessed little children to have such caring and attentive parents. Seriously. 

I have WAY TOO MANY pictures, so I've narrowed it down to these for this post:

This is Aidan modeling Cal's brand new dinosaur blanket, complete with a pretty authentic looking headpiece and ... he can even wrap his arms in it and put his hands in furry paws (not that I remember any dinosaurs HAVING furry paws, but whatever)!

Look at Aidan! He looks like he is posing as a professional baseball player--never mind that his BAT is a piggy bank.
Kaity decided to demonstrate her athletic skills for the kids by standing on a ... rather small-ish ball and balancing. Quite impressive, Kaity-dear!
But she had MORE to show ... a one-footed stand!
A one-footed stand while grabbing the opposite leg lasted perhaps a split second before she went DOWN.
I was VERY impressed with how long she balanced this time around (below).
I told her she looked like a circus bear when she tried to balance a ball on her face AND stand one-legged on a ball. Quite a challenge, but she was up for it!
Here is dear Erin showing me a rather fancy piece of scratch art.
There were crafts to share with all of Aidan's friends. Aidan LOVES making things. He got right to work creating a rather odd object from pipe cleaners, google eyes and puff balls ...
Aidan's friend from kindergarten (Aryan) drew a horse. Aidan felt he needed to add a little something to his friend's drawing, so he added a longer tail and made the horses legs longer too. Aryan apparently wasn't offended by this.


Here is our Baby T-Rex roaring up a storm ...
... for quite a while!
Erin showed me that she, too, could roar!

Oh my word, Erin. I love you to pieces.
Kaity is dearly loved by all of the littles. They all shouted when we came into the house and captured Kaity for the rest of our stay. Little Cal thinks Kaity is THE BEST.
I loved being with Brendan, too. I don't get to see him very much when he isn't pre-occupied with school work or video games. I understand, though. He is ELEVEN not four. However, I miss him very much. I enjoyed watching him interact with the other children at the party. I love his sense of humor so much. And his heart ... I love his heart.

Here is our Baby T-Rex dressed up for the part, cracking us up.

Look at his dear little face. Yikes. I could eat him up.

Cal threw a balloon at Kaity and it hit her squarely in the head, at which time she feigned a very dramatic death. Cal was thrilled.
Look at him! He's keeping score!
Kaity, cracking up at being "killed" once again by our little Cal.



Finally, it was time to open presents. I could not believe how many nice gifts Aidan received. Wow.
He began opening his gifts, starting with the package from his Uncle Shane (who he adores).

This is Aidan talking about the package with Shane. When he began to rip the wrapping off, he said: "Oh! It's a box!" (It was an Amazon box)--but Aidan knew there was something good inside. Shane gets really good gifts for the kids.

I believe this is the Minecraft Ice Palace!
Aidan opened up a bunch of gifts from his folks too. Brendan picked out a Minecraft book for Aidan to help him build cool stuff.

Some of his friends made cards for Aidan, which he appreciated very much.
Here is the super delicious chocolate cream cake from Costco. Mmmmmmmm. The yummiest cake ever. Not at ALL on my diet--so I took a very small four-bite piece and savored it as long as possible.

Aidan is a short little one and couldn't quite blow hard enough at the right angle to get his candles to blow out; so Kelly lifted him up to assist him.


Everyone enjoyed cake and ice cream. All of the little kids had a blast running around and doing what kids all do together. Dylan and Kelly enjoyed visiting with their good friends (whose kids were at the party)--they have the nicest friends; and I love it when they are able to sit around and visit with them. 

Kaity and I left the party by about 4:30. We were totally pooped; but we laughed on the drive over to my house as we recalled the fun we had with everyone. What a nice party. What nice people. 

When we got to my house, Kaity announced she wanted to watch a movie. We don't usually do that--at least not on a regular basis. I went through my movie collection with her and she turned them all down except when I called out "Spiderman" she gave me the thumbs-up. I'm not sure how long I've had the movie on my shelf, but I do not recall ever watching it until this very time! The spiders were creepy--but I thought the story was interesting enough. It's not really my kind of movie--but I was glad to watch it with Kaity. Emma heard me screaming (about the spiders) here in the main room and she came out of her room and watched it with us. I was so happy to see her and enjoy some time with her. 

Thank you, Lord, for such a happy day.
 

No comments: