Monday, March 13, 2023

March 13 Glorious SNOW

Monday:  I had an appointment this morning over on 28th Street with the people who manage my retirement account (tiny as it is), and since we had a fresh 4" snowfall last night--everything was magically beautiful outside! I grabbed my camera and hiking boots and drove over to my appointment, determined to hike somewhere in the woods between there and back to my house after the appointment.

I decided to stop over at Calvin's Ecosystem Preserve right off the Beltline, across from Calvin College. I hadn't walked out there in a very long time. It was a perfect time to spend an hour all alone out in the woods. Here is what I found:



Sigh ... not much COLOR today ... almost zero sunshine ... no shadows playing about ... but still--lovely.
These yellow leaves sure stood out in all of the grays, blacks, whites ... I loved them.

Also, I didn't realize there was this much of a creek back here. When I was last here (a few years ago), I don't recall a creek at all--a few ponds (kind of marshy ones), but NO creeks. I'm glad to see there are some! I'll have to look back at my pictures. Perhaps I was here in the summer and ... the creek was dry.


SO, so pretty!







Rather stark ... but ... how did the Lord ever think up all of this beauty! What an awesome God He is.







I'm super thankful I made myself do this today. We've had the strangest winter in W. Michigan this year. We will have a significant snowfall, but then a few days later, it will have already disappeared--melted away. That's OK, I guess. I'm not fond of dirty snow ... it's the fresh stuff that I love.

Thank you, Lord, for the amazing beauty You have created. Thank You that I am healthy enough to walk in the woods. Thank You for my camera! Thank You for my computer and photo editing program. 

No comments: