Saturday, March 18, 2023

March 16 with Kaity

Thursday: Kaity and I just hung out for awhile today. She was on her phone for a lot of the time--but, no worries, because I had a lot of little odds and ends to do around here anyway. It truly does not bother me to have Kaity spend time on her phone while she is here--at least she is HERE! We have conversations. We eat a meal together. And every now and then, I can talk her into actually DOING something.

This drawing project, however, was actually Kaity's idea. 
Kaity LOVES wolves and asked if I could get on-line and find a striking picture of one. So I did! THEN, we printed out the picture and Kaity took a charcoal pencil and darkened the back side of the printed picture, THEN she put a blank piece of paper underneath that printed picture, used a pencil, and traced it. I thought perhaps she would add a little detail to her drawing, but she returned to her phone quite quickly. 

I won't bother to show you my attempt at the same drawing--although I WILL say that I enjoyed myself hugely! I even shaded its fur and ... I halfway liked the result. Notice that I am NOT posting a picture of it.

Kaity did wander over to my "music basket" and haul out the recorder. She played a few notes on it and then told me it was grossly Unclean ... and could I clean it please? So I did! She was right about it being ... gross.

I did convince Kaity to play TWO games of UNO. We each won a game, which made us both happy. 

Doesn't Kaity look so much like Chris? Especially when she smiles?! I think the resemblance is quite remarkable actually.

No comments: