Friday, August 18, 2023

August 17 with KT

Thursday:  Today was a bit of an odd day--but I went to Meijer's as I usually do, although an hour later than normal. When I arrived there, I received a call from Terry stating that he had locked his keys in their car over at their house. He was asking if I had any of those old-fashioned metal/wire hangers at my house--they had looked in every cupboard and closet at their place and came up with ZERO. Anyway, I did my grocery shopping and then drove home and searched out my house for hangers, but I didn't have any of the kind that were needed either.

SO ... we all drove over to Lowe's to see if there was some kind of tool or piece of wire that Terry could fashion that would be able to reach inside through the window and unlock the door for him. It was a lot more complicated than we realized--nothing seemed to work at all. It was quite frustrating.

I drove over to pick up Kaity from Jesse at 3:00 and ran the scenario by him. His first question was--do they have road service? Duh. Good grief.

Kaity was too sleepy (having been awake all night) to come with me, so I drove back over to Ruthanne and Terry's, only to find them STILL trying to get into the car to retrieve the keys. I ran Jesse's question by them and Terry said he was unaware that road service would cover unlocking car doors. So he called. They came. The door was finally opened--not while I was there--I had gone back to my place to wait to hear from Kaity when she finally woke up. She texted me at 5:00 to say that she was awake, was headed for the shower, could I start dinner and then drive over to get her? Sigh. 

Sure. That's what I did. Kaity wasn't rude about it or anything--it's just that sometimes it seems like I do a whole lot of accommodating in order to just spend a little time with Kaity. She is worth it, for sure--but I do wish I didn't have to jump through so many hoops just to get stuff to happen.

Traffic was pretty thick that time of day, so Kaity and I didn't get back to my house until nearly 6:00. We ate our dinner together, and then drove over to Altitude for Kaity to do some jumping and playing. 

See the little girl approaching Kaity? This little one stuck to Kaity like GLUE. She was super cute, but also super demanding! 


Look at Kaity's face! Eventually, Kaity was able to "ditch" this little one and continue jumping--but every now and again, she would come back by Kaity's side. Kaity is very nice to little kids.



It's very entertaining to go to Altitude. I'm too old to jump. Sometimes I just walk around, trying to get some exercise that way--counting steps, etc. Mostly I just enjoy watching Kaity have such a good time. I love you, Kaity-Girl.
 

No comments: