Sunday, August 27, 2023

August 26 More KT

Saturday:  I picked up Kaity today from Diana at around 3:00. We decided to drive around a few of the hardest-hit neighborhoods from the tornado Thursday night. One of those areas is right across the street from Kaity's school over on Pine Island! We saw homes with roofs torn off, garages caved in on top of cars, and tons of downed trees and power lines. Wow. Kaity wondered if any of the damaged homes belonged to any of her classmates.

We did the usual stuff over at my house--but I did manage to get Kaity to play a few games of "Memory", so that was good. I had made some chicken-fried rice for Kaity to enjoy, and then we went over to Altitude so that Kaity could jump before going back to her mom's.

While I was cleaning up dinner, Kaity treated herself to laying on the floor UNDER the table and playing a game on her phone ... ?!?!?!
I showed Kaity the game Aidan drew up for my little Memory game. Aidan was pretty proud of himself about it and Kaity enjoyed matching up the pictures he drew.
Doesn't Kaity look SO MUCH LIKE CHRIS? I love this child.
It was very crowded over at Altitude today--lots of birthdays being celebrated. We bought Kaity an Altitude shirt--they only had XL in the CAMO print she wanted, so that's what we got. It's HUGE.

I love you, darlin' KT. I will miss you next week when I am with my brother. You are precious to me!


No comments: