Sunday, August 27, 2023

August 24 with KT

Thursday:  I picked Kaity-Girl up from Jesse at about 4:00. She had just been home from school for a few minutes at that point. We came over to my place to hang out for awhile, eat some dinner, and then we went to ... can you guess?!?! YES! Kaity's favorite place--at least for the moment--ALTITUDE.

I love to see Kaity "let loose", and just run and jump and do acrobats and ... PLAY! That's why I never hesitate to bring her here when she asks. It's so good for her to expend her energy this way. She always manages to socialize with other kids too--meeting new people is fun and interesting!


Kaity is getting really good at flips and really high jumps. She also likes to FALL INTO the pit, which always cracks her up.
I am so glad Kaity is in my life. I know I have a limited time with her--she is growing up fast. I think it is probably difficult for teens to spend time with "old" people ... so while Kaity is willing, I surely am thankful she is still in my world each week.

PS. I dropped Kaity back off at her mom's at about 7:40 and then drove over to Ruthanne and Terry's house to play a few games with them before going back to my house. It had been something like 91 with humidity in the high 60's the last two days. At about 8:15 the sirens went off (LOUDLY) and we were alerted there was a tornado on the ground somewhere in Kent County; so we took shelter in their small bathroom (with no windows) and sweated it out in there for about 15 minutes until the all-clear.

It turns out that the tornado touched down somewhere around 6 Mile and Alpine and stayed on the ground for about 12 minutes lifting up again around Rockford High School. No one was seriously injured or killed--so thankful. The WINDS were something to hear and many trees were down and debris was everywhere. No damage to Ruthanne's house or to mine; but several folk here in the complex had damage to their car ports and several large trees were down.

No comments: