Friday, March 15, 2024

March 13 Sweet grandchildren

Wednesday:  One of these Wednesday afternoons, I am going to have to remember to take a picture of Cal as he runs to greet me from the pre-school playground. He has such a HUGE smile! And that twinkle in his blue eyes! He introduced me to a few other friends today, but I have already forgotten their names. It's not like people use regular names anymore like Mike, or Nancy, or Laurie, or Doug--no, no, no. They favor names like Honesty, Olympia, Eli, Cooper, etc. So you can't truly blame me for not remembering the names two days later (it's already the 15th when I am writing this post). 

Cal and I sang all the way to my house today, in-between him telling me little stories of running races and playing tag with his friends. He did NOT fall asleep on the ride to my house today. When we got inside, we immediately began playing with what I had gotten out for him today--cars, trucks, little animals, the puppets, etc. We also played monster cars on the track in the hallway. Cal never seems to get bored of playing cars. This is good. We played cars for hours!

At about 3:00, I was worn out from chasing runaway monster cars here, there, and everywhere--and since we only had 30 minutes before we would have to get back in my car and drive back to Cal's house, I put on the "Hot Wheels" show that Cal enjoys. He watched while I picked up the toys and put them all away (mostly).


Cal makes engine noises as he watches the races ...
We left my house at 3:35 and within 5 minutes, Cal was soundly sleeping and slept all the way to his house. When we got there, he refused to wake up! The kiddos got off their bus at about 4:10 and we played for a bit outside. Erin and Aidan saw Abbott on his trampoline and asked if they could cross the street and play over there for awhile. I saw it as my opportunity to hoist Cal inside and wake him up!
BUT ... Cal had no intention of waking up. I could not convince him that it was a beautiful day to play outside! I couldn't coax him with food, with games ... nothing! So he slept. Look at his darling little face.
Erin and Aidan finally came in from outside and had a nice healthy snack of cantaloupe and cucumbers.

Aidan received TWO Uno games [both Minecraft] from friends at his birthday party, so we played a game of UNO. We nearly finished it, but then I received word that I was to bring the kiddos over to Holy Trinity to meet mom and dad over there tonight.


By this time, Cal was finally awake and was able to have a snack before we got buckled into the car. As we drove to the church, we played a little rhyming game. Rhymes absolutely crack Aidan up to pieces. Here are some examples:

"Abrakadabra, Alakazam, turn this car into a big HAM!"

"Abrakadabra, Alakazam, turn little Sarah [my stuffed sheep that hangs on my car mirror] into a CRAYON!"

We laughed for almost 10 minutes with different words that rhyme. We also did Palindrome words, which Aidan found fascinating. Brendan was with us too, only he is not in any of these photos. He was his usual pleasant and endearing self. So thankful for these dear grandkids.

No comments: