Monday, March 4, 2024

March 2 KT and KenZ

Saturday:  I was surprised, but pleased, that Kaity asked if Kenzie could join us today for our few hours together. I picked both girls up at 3:30 and returned them back home at 8:00. 

Kaity was hungry right away, and I had fixed the chicken and rice recipe that she likes--however, Kenzie was not inclined to eat it--SO ... out came cantaloupe (which Kenzie loves), grapes, cucumbers, crackers, popcorn, chips, cheese; and last, but not least, a bowl of ice cream Kaity ate the chicken and rice and so did I. But at least there was something for Kenzie to enjoy as well.

The girls worked for a long time on our 500-piece puzzle! I was so glad to see them get SO into it.


Look! They finished it up!
Kenzie now has a phone that she can play games on--not call other people, and I'm not sure if she can text other people either--but she can use it for games and photos. Here are these two best buddies playing a game together on their phones. It's a weird concept for me; and frankly, all of this technology baffles me to the core. But I did like to see them interacting even though they were using their phones to do it.
We also played a game of "LIFE". Kenzie had never played the game before, so it was fun seeing her reaction to all of the odd stuff that happens within the game.
We basically just hung out together, and it was very nice. One time Kenzie looked at me and said, "I love your house!" Wasn't that nice? I told Kenzie that I love it too! And I loved sharing it with my dear Kaity's friend today as well. 

I have a long-ago picture of these two kiddos playing soccer--I think Kaity was 5 and Kenzie was 6. I'll try to find it and post it below. At that time, Kenzie was much taller than Kaity. But NOW, Kaity is about 3" taller than Kenzie! 
This photo was taken January 27, 2018 when Kaity and Kenzie were on intramural soccer teams through their school. They have been buddies, though, since Kaity was about one year (2013) and they returned to Michigan from Texas.

No comments: