Thursday, March 28, 2024

March 27 Little Cal

Wednesday:  We had so much fun over here today! Cal is not a difficult child to "entertain" for a few hours. He is interested in everything ... as well as curious, funny, intense, persistent, cuddly ... I love him to pieces.

I've used some blue painter's tape in the playroom to make a bunch of roads and parking lots for our cars. Cal is very pleased about this.
We do quite a bit of bird watching out my side window. Cal is INSISTENT we identify each bird and he will grab my "Birds of Michigan" Field Guide thumbing through the pages until he is satisfied we have correctly identified each bird. He is quite intense about this!





It makes me super happy to see such interest in this little cutie ... his curiosity is so refreshing ... and his love of learning too!
I'm glad I ordered this field guide a few months ago!
We continued to have a lot of fun with our marble racer cars this week: "Water" (the blue racer) and "Lava" (the orange racer) had many races ... wipe outs ... flips ... crashes !!!!
With sound effects too!

Cal found the hula-hoop that I was storing on the side of my washing machine, and put it to good use today. We used it for a "fire" hoop for the cars to jump through!
I remember purchasing this little tool cart a few months before Emma was born in 2002! It has had a faithful following of grandkids throughout these 22 years. I think I have gotten quite a lot out of my initial $54 investment. All of the kids have loved this toy.


We played a lot of piano today too, trying out all the various "sounds" you can combine to make it sound really beautiful.


I love you, Little Cal! You are a delightful child to play with!
We drove back to Cal's house by 4:00 to get the kids off their school bus. Cal fell asleep immediately in my car for the 25 minute ride to his house. I was able to wake him up this week with a nice fruit snack of cantaloupe, watermelon and cucumbers. Erin is my best after-school fruit eater--but Aidan always has a bowl of fruit as well. I love to be with them after school. They are so glad to be home and be able to play. We had such a nice time this afternoon!
 

No comments: