Friday, March 22, 2024

March 21 with Kaity

Thursday:  I arrived 30 minutes early to pick Kaity up today, with the goal of doing a quick clean-up over at Jesse's place; however, that plan was not realized, because I was unable to unlock the double-locked doors at his house. Thankfully, Kaity did it with ease once she came home from school. We came over to my house and hung out, ate dinner, finished watching Jurassic World (with me screaming loudly at the scary parts), and then we went jumping. We picked up Harper and Kenzie on our way there.


They had a very lively game of tag. Our friend, Elijah, was also there. He's a younger kiddo--maybe 8 years old--but you should see him jump. Wow. HIGH and steady. He's a natural athlete and very fun to watch jump. However, he would much rather play tag with everyone ... so I kind of miss watching him do his jumping antics.

Everyone did very well tonight. No hard feelings. No injuries (!!). Kaity looked exhausted--probably from so much running! These kids really have a LOT of energy. Tell you what, though. If I was 10 or 11 again, I would play tag too ... and I would see how high I could jump! I'm not sure I would attempt the kinds of jumps these kids do ... but it sure would be fun to be young again. I think these kids will look back on these hours at Altitude with a lot of fondness. They have made many friends here. The children are physically active! They are not staring at some stupid screen! Well ... there IS one girl who we have dubbed: "Phone Girl" because she jumps and runs lickity-split with a phone to the side of her ear constantly. She doesn't interact with anyone at all--which is sad. I think she is on the spectrum and doesn't know how to interact socially. Anyway ... MOST of the kids are not holding their phones while they are jumping. It's so refreshing to see kids being physically active like this.
 

No comments: