Thursday, March 7, 2024

March 6 with Cal

Wednesday:  Little Cal was outside playing in the "gym-yard" at his pre-school when I drove over to pick him up. He was with his good friend, Levi--who, as Cal was leaving, handed him a "pretend purple friend" through the fence where we were walking to my car. I asked Cal about this "purple friend" and Cal looked up at me, growled (as he alone can do) and said: "He just ate you, Gwamma!" Well!

We had no end of fun at my house today. I talked myself into getting the battery-operated cars ready to go for Cal today. Having thought through as to why they are SO annoying, I decided to set the track up in my narrow laundry hallway, close off the doors to my bedroom, the bathroom, and the playroom, and see how that would work. There would be LESS chance of the cars getting stuck underneath my couch in the living room if they jumped the track in the hallway instead. Cal loves these cars. He calls them "monster trucks".

We zoomed the cars around the track for awhile, replaced the batteries in the "slow" car so that it was faster even than our FAST car ... and then I decided to see if perhaps ROCKY (our rubber T-Rex puppet) and SWEETIE-PIE (our rubber shark puppet) could possibly stay on the cars while they raced ...
I missed getting a picture of Rocky's race because he kept falling off and Cal kept rescuing him.
This happy little face on this cute little boy ... he kills me.
Here is Alfredo in the process of eating poor Wee Willie (our worm finger-puppet) ...


If Cal had brown hair, this picture below would look so much like Brendan when he was this age--this profile of Cal laughing is so remeniscent of my Little Fellow ...
We did play puppets for a very long time too. I got out the sock puppets Emma, Chris, Matthew and I made years ago. Cal thought they were very funny. Do you remember their names? Pinkie, Brownie, Goldie, and Blue-y (their names correspond to the color of their yarn/ribbon hair). Cal also chose to play with Cocoa, our pretty little cat puppet. He seems to favor her.

I love these photos of you, dear little Cal. You are such a bundle of mischief, joy, stubbornness, love, humor, intelligence ... spunk!


I made this foursome collage and posted it on FB ...
We drove back to Cal's house at the proper time to retrieve the other children from their school bus. Erin and Aidan were glad to see me ... and I was glad to see them! Their neighbor friends came over to play--Benson and his younger brother (whose name I have forgotten). Most of the time, all of the kids played outside. Erin finished up her snacks and then went outside too. I cleaned up the kitchen a little bit and then joined the kids, folding paper airplanes to fly around the yard. Benson was fascinated by the favorite plane I fold--it flies SO cool. He asked if I would show him how to fold it, so I did. He is a very sweet little person.

We got a little bit too cold to continue to play outside, so we came in to wait for the parents to come home with dinner. Here are Brendan and Erin enjoying a "show" on the computer ...

Erin is a very warm and cuddly little person. Brendan can be that way too--it was nice to see them enjoying some time together.
Here is Aidan! I told him I neglected to take even ONE picture of him today, so he very kindly stopped running for a split second so that I could snap one. I actually snapped THREE, but they are almost identical.
This little man's birthday party is SATURDAY!
He is turning SEVEN next week.


I have a happy heart remembering our few hours together from today. God is SO good to give me the privilege of being a grandmother. I am super thankful to Him for the joy that it brings. 


No comments: