Friday, November 30, 2007

BAFFLING!

Okay. Here's the deal:

Last night when I came home from the Christmas tea, Mr. Jones had our laptop up and running. He went to this blog to see how I had posted Christopher's birthday. When he brought up that particular entry, two of the fourteen pictures of Christopher were missing! On our laptop, the picture of Chris at Union Station plus the picture of Chris at Bigg's Air Field are not there! These were the last two pictures of the post. The captions are there, but not the pictures! I immediately went into my office, fired up my computer and when I brought up my blog, everything was exactly as it should be -- all fourteen of the pictures showed up. I even went into Edit mode and made sure they were just as I had placed them. So last night, I felt a little bit better about it, thinking perhaps our laptop was sickly or some such thing. But this morning, Mr. Jones got on his desktop, brought up my blog, went to Christopher's birthday entry, and both pictures were missing again!

So this is my question: When you bring up this blog, do you have the two pictures of Christopher? If you don't, what do you suppose has happened to them out there in cyberspace? I am completely baffled by this and really annoyed! Without those two pictures, there are three captions, but only one picture -- which looks really lame! I brought my blog up again this morning, and all of the pictures are exactly right -- but not on Mr. Joneses desktop or our laptop! (Perhaps it is something to do with Mr. Jones?) How is this possible?!!!! Please leave a comment. It will just take you a tiny second to do so ... thanks :)

8 comments:

Emily said...

I see all 14 pics plus comments.

Mom Jones said...

Thanks, Emily! It must be MR. JONES! :)

Mom Jones said...

I just fired up on our laptop and signed in as myself and there are only 12 pictures -- the same two are missing -- so it can't be Mr. Joneses sign-in EXCEPT his desktop is also missing the two pictures, but MY desktop HAS THEM! Now I am even more baffled!

Sabrina said...

I see all the pictures! No idea what is going on then with dad- what did he mess up?

Sabrina said...

Just kidding Dad!

Unknown said...

I want in on this fun. I think I see fourteen pictures. At least there are that many when I count them on my fingers and toes.


tom

Mom Jones said...

You want "in on this fun?" Tom! I'm glad you can count on your fingers and toes! No one has offered a plausible answer to this wierd picture disappearance! HELP!

Anonymous said...

We have 14 also...I think that the cache on the laptop and the desktop are to low for the 14 pictures...also if you look into the setting of the internet explorer and then go to Advance, the checked boxes should go in a pattern of "checked, checked, checked, unchecked" repeat. If that doesn't fix the problem with the picture I'm not surprised because I truly just made that all up.