Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

"Now, our God, we give you thanks,
and praise your glorious name!" I Chronicles 29:13
Good morning, dear family! Grandpa Jones, Dylan, Nana, Roy and I are leaving for Detroit in about 20 minutes to spend the day with Aunt Ruthanne and her family. This is the first Thanksgiving morning in more than 20 years that I have not been busy Thanksgiving morning and Eve with turkey preparation, etc. in the kitchen -- it feels very strange! We are all bringing some food to share down to Detroit and expect to have a nice day of it.
Just wanted to show you our little bit of snow (they had predicted us waking up to 3") and to send love and greetings from our house to yours! This is a Thanksgiving of "firsts" for us in many ways: The first Thanksgiving with a dear son serving as a soldier in a land so far away, the first Thanksgiving that I will not see my Emma, Christopher or Matthew (and my heart is aching), the first Thanksgiving of my retirement ... well, I could make a long list ... but in all of it, I am deeply thankful to the LORD who loves us, came to give His life for us, redeem us from our sin and set us free. Love to all of you -- Sabrina and Andrew, Olivia, Jackson, Karis; Jesse and Diana, Emma, Christopher, Matthew; Nicolas and Rachel, Nathan and Nia; Adam and Emily (& Pixie)!

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Happy Thanksgiving Mom! I love you too and am so thankful for you!