Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thomas the stuffed cat ...

I have always loved stuffed animals ... for as long as I can remember!
Last spring, after Nana married Roy,
I was helping her get ready to move into Roy's house.
Nana kept saying she had too much stuff!
(INDEED!)
We made piles for Goodwill, loaded up boxes for storage,
and trashed a lot of things as well ...
but when she suggested throwing away stuffed animals (!)
I decided to "rescue" a few ...
Nana had a bunch of Boyds Bears, so I grabbed some
to bring to my house to join other animals who already lived here!
This basket of animals sits in my living room
between the cedar chest and the fireplace.
Look at the cute little bear all dressed up like a nurse
(I hope that wasn't a gift from Sabrina to Nana --
Nana sometimes has a faulty memory of gifts given to her).
Dylan and I were visiting in the living room after church
this morning and we noticed an addition to the basket!
See how Thomas K. kicked out Little Lion to make room for himself?
(Little Lion used to be Christopher's favorite
stuffed animal -- he even rode in Grandma's car
in the cupholder of Chris's child seat!)
Daddy Bear doesn't look too keen on this ...
I think he is a little bit squished by Thomas K!
I had purchased a special bed for Tommie --
but do you think he ever once slept there?
I put Little Lion back in the basket
and quietly gave thanks that I was able
to see Christopher, as well as Matthew,
yesterday on my WebCam (and Emma too) ...
We held Thomas up to the WebCam for them to see,
but he is SO black, I'm not sure they could see him!
When you come to Grandma's house
during Christmas, all of you sweet grandchildren,
we'll get all of the animals
together and make up some good stories with them, Okay?
Thomas had slept long enough ...
he finally yawned, stretched, and decided
he'd had enough of being a stuffed animal for one day,
and went into the kitchen begging for his cream ...

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Too cute! I love the pictures of Thomas K in the pile of stuffed animals. We are excited about being able to make it up this year. See ya in a few weeks!