Monday, June 23, 2008

The good, the bad, and the ugly ...

THE GOOD: Behold our new van! It's a 2007 Chrysler Town & Country, one of those stow and go vehicles, almost identical to Andrew and Sabrina's, except for the color. Mr. Jones almost never buys a brand new vehicle. He usually shops around for bargains on almost-new ones.
We looked at a 2008 model, almost exactly like this one, but it was more than twice the price. So ~ good job, Mr. Jones! My favorite thing about it is that it has separate heating and cooling controls for the front seat. Whew! No more freezing trips to Texas for me!
The seat belts were very awkward to use in the back seat of our 1996 model because they were not separate seats. The back seat on our new van has bucket seats ~ much easier to maneuver back there! And such a nice metallic blue color. I like it very much.


THE BAD AND THE UGLY: This is our pathetic lawn mower. I have nothing nice to say about it except that it does manage to cut the grass.
Notice the wheel situation. Okay! I admit it! I am the culprit who did this to the wheels. It was totally unintentional. I was just being a bit too meticulous by our fences, trying to get the grass cut as close to the fence as possible and caught the wheel(s) underneath the fence. Well, you can see for yourself, this makes for a less than optimal steering situation!
See how the wheels are pointing in opposite directions? When you get behind this monstrosity and try to push it, it wants to go BOTH directions ... at the SAME TIME. It takes a lot of strength to keep it going in any semblance of a straight line. I think my arms are gaining muscles from my endeavor ... but like I said, it does cut the grass!

6 comments:

Ruthanne said...

Ha! :)

Sabrina said...

Love the new van! Great buy too with a T&C. We love ours- especially the bucket seats which fit two car seats without the kids being able to really touch each other. :)

As for the lawnmover- at least you got a new car!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

The lawnmower is the same one that I used for years, and I think that it has been that way for years.

While Dad is in a good mood with the Van, try to get him to replace the mower too. Tell him with all that money he saved on the Van you could get a riding mower and mow in style.

Mom Jones said...

Adam ~ You are exactly right! I think the lawnmower was pretty wretched even BEFORE I messed up the wheels ... however, your dad took that little beast yesterday into his shop (the basement) and fixed those wheels up fine and dandy ... so it looks like I'm stuck with that mower for a little while longer. And a riding mower? That probably is going to have to wait until we are both extremely elderly and unable to walk! That's OK. I really do like taking care of the lawn! :)

Sabrina said...

Just checked out the card blog- love the anniversary one!

Sabrina said...

Happy Anniversary by the way! 11 years now!