Monday, June 2, 2008

A happy letter ...


I received a 12-page letter from Jesse today! I think that's the fattest letter I have ever gotten in the mail! On the envelope is marked, "Free Mail." Isn't that cool that he can send a big huge letter like that and pay no postage? I like it! The envelope is postmarked May 22, so it's not exactly quick getting here; but that's okay.

It's actually a two-page letter with 10 pages of pictures, 58 to be exact; and many of them are from what he's doing over there in Iraq. He sent great pictures of his truck and the convoys, a sandstorm, a trip he took to the northern part of the country (near ancient Ninevah!), one of a Black Hawk (helicopter), the C130 plane that he flew over to Kuwait in, and a bunch of really good family pictures while he was home in El Paso. He also took some great shots while IN the Black Hawk flying over Baghdad.

And good news! Jesse received his small birthday box on time for his birthday. He says he's been getting lots of mail (thanks, everybody!) ~ some from people he doesn't even know. It was wonderful to hear from him today. I need to get busy with a return letter ...

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

What an awesome fat letter! The joy that brought to you- I am so glad!

Anonymous said...

Wow I can't believe that my cousin is a soldier! This is Tracy, Jesse's cousin on his dad's side. I hope you and your family are doing well. Take care.

Mom Jones said...

Hi Tracy! How nice to hear from you! I haven't seen you since you were a really little girl. How did you come across this blog? Good wishes to you and to your family as well. :)