Thursday, January 15, 2009

Dreaming ... and praying ...

I've been rather drawn to my photos from Padre Island these past few freezing weeks up here in the North country, so I've done some editing of them and I even made a few cards ...

This passage of Scripture is from Psalm 90: "Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, so we may sing for joy to the end of our lives ... let us see your miracles again; let our children see your glory at work." (verses 14 and 16)


What a wonderful prayer ... for contentment in God's unending love, to sing for the joy of all He is, to share that with our children. Nothing can match that kind of happiness.


We've been really really COLD in Michigan for awhile now ... and more cold is moving in ... I think from Minnesota!

Our outdoor thermometer registered ZERO at about 9:30 a.m. The sun was out, the shadows were gorgeous ... but I did not go outside to take pictures! Mr. Jones shot these with his very nice camera from inside the house. The sunshine was coming through the doorwall in the front room, and Thomas K. and I were sprawled out on the floor basking in it.
"Praise the LORD; praise God our Savior. For each day He carries us in His arms." Psalm 68.19 I would rather be on Padre Island ... or anywhere else on this planet that was sunny and warm. But on this day, frigid as it is, God still carries me safely in His arms.
I'm using the above picture as the background on my computer for the next little while. Well, there is nothing wrong with dreaming! "Both day and night belong to You; You made the starlight and the sun. You set the boundaries of the earth, and you made both summer and winter." Psalm 74:16-17

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Can you send me a copy of your new desktop please- that is so beautiful!