Saturday, January 24, 2009

wonderful, happy news!

"You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!" PSALM 139:13
It was unusual to have our phone ring last night at 9:45 p.m., and I thought perhaps something newsworthy had happened ... and I was right! Adam and Emily called to announce they are expecting a baby ... perhaps at the end of August ... or maybe not until September. What happy news!

What will this baby be?! Grandchild #10! If they have a girl, we will have six granddaughters to four grandsons! If they have a boy, everything will be even. But of course, this is their very first little one and so it is especially special to them, and it will be very precious to us as well.
So, remember when I was wondering WHOSE picture would fill the little bugle photo-ornament (the empty one underneath the tree) on our miniature family tree? Lord willing, it will be this beautiful child, born to Emily and Adam ~ congratulations you two! We couldn't be happier for you. :)

5 comments:

Thursday said...

Adam is going to be a dad, wow...that kind of makes me feel old! If what I know about the child's parents tells me anything, it's that s/he will be really sarcastic and always have well-styled hair. :) Congratulations to everybody!

Emily said...

Thanks for the post! Well keep you updated as possible!

~Emily

Carol said...

Congratulations on the news of adding another little one to your family. Each one is exciting news! I love your selection of musice, I keep my computer at your blog a good part of the day just listening to your wonderful selection of music. love,carol

Sabrina said...

Congrats Adam and Emily! I am so excited for you two!

Mom Jones said...

Hi Carol ... how nice that you like these music selections! :) I listen to music almost constantly ~ I need it to keep me focused on what (WHO) is really important. Hugs to you and your family!